[VHFcontesting] Need old Tonna 70cm yagi parts

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Need old Tonna 70cm yagi parts
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:17:20 -0500
First I want to wish everyone season's greetings and all the best
for the coming year!

Do you have one or more of the very old style Tonna 21 element 70cm
yagis with stainless steel hardware? Maybe left over parts or parts
from a broken antenna? Please, help!!! I have started work on my
70cm array again and I need a few small parts to replace missing ones!

The antennas I have are the old style with elements grounded through
the boom, held in place by spring metal clips. The driven element
was a folded dipole with "faston" or blade connectors to attach the
feedline (NOT a N connector!).

I need only a few parts from one old antenna of this type... the two
stainless U-bolts, the 'U' shaped stainless pieces that clamp boom
sections together, and the two (galvanized) U bolt saddles.

I really prefer to find original parts so all antennas will be
exactly the same, but it seems almost impossible to find these
special pieces. I have been looking for 5 years already. Somebody
must have them laying around??? Help, please!!

73,
Paul N1BUG