[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:33:46 -0400
After having tons of fun earlier this week working DX like N0PB EM39 on 432
and VE1HD FN95 on both 432 and 1296, the weird problem with my tower
mounted relay box came back to haunt me just in time for the Sprint. No 432
antenna available! Operated 1.5 hours, 40/18 using the 2M yagi for an
antenna. The VSWR was so bad had to lower the power to 400W. Amazingly
VE3XK FN15, W3SO FN00, W2EV FN03 were easily worked using about 45 degrees
of offset! Was even able to work FM08. Sometimes it pays to try working
with what you have. My apologies to those I couldn't pull out of my broken
hat. I'm gonna fix that piece of crap if it kills me.
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31mp