[VHFcontesting] K9JK/R 2005 Fall Sprint report - 144MHz

To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K9JK/R 2005 Fall Sprint report - 144MHz
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:53:11 -0500
Activity in the Chicago area was on the light side but consistent...I logged my
last contact at 2123 and was home a little after 2130. (Hope I didn't miss
anyone who got on later!)

My totals:
Grid    Qs  Gs
EN51  12    7
EN52  11    7
EN61  11    8
EN62    7    6

Total    41  28 = 1148

Mostly worked adjoining grids though, as an example, I did NOT work EN62 when I
was there myself but worked it from the other three grids I visited. I worked
three 'distant' stations (EN41, EN53 and EN73 - thanks Bob, Duane and Erv) from
ALL 4 of my stops and quite a few others from 2 or three of my stops. Best "DX"
was from EN61ax (the NW corner) to EN74ic, about 200 miles by my calculator
(thanks Stan).

Thanks to all who were out there and to the SVHFS for their sponsorship of the
Fall Sprint series.

Hope to see a report from Steve, W4SHG, who roved where it appears there was at
least a tiny bit more activity!

Don't forget the 222 MHz Fall Sprint next Tuesday (9/27) and the 432 MHz Fall
Sprint the following Wednesday (10/5), 7pm to 11pm LOCAL time.

73, JK