Re: [VHFcontesting] [Mw] W3IY SK

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <microwave@lists.valinet.com>,<dcmicrowave@mailman.qth.net>, <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Mw] W3IY SK
From: w3sz@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:46:42 +0000
Bob's idea to dedicate the Conference to Bill is superb.

Bill was clearly one of those rare men who added that unique spark to
everything he did in every field in which he played.  He was one of those whose
effect on those he touched was to "Make Their Day!" just by being there and
being himself.

Although his family likely well knows this about Bill, I wonder if it would't
mean a lot to them if we also put together a booklet of our rememberances of
Bill and how he did this for each of us, and sent it to the family.

The emails from this list over the past day for example could be put together.

Perhaps even better a booklet could be circulated at the [upcoming PackRats]
conference for everyone to write their memories in.  It could be placed on a
table, passed around during the sessions, circulated at dinner, whatever to
acquire the stories.

Maybe a similar thing could be done at MUD.

And then it could be sent to Bill's family.

Roger Rehr
W3SZ