Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover mileage costs not factored

To: "Scott Pederson" <spederson@yahoo.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover mileage costs not factored
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:29:38 -0400
Hi Scott,

In the Ontario QSO Party, the province is divided into 48 counties.  Last April
I covered 13 of them as a rover, the most I have ever done.  Mileage was not
excessive, as by careful planning it was kept down to perhaps 500 miles.  Note
that I never operate while mobile in any contest (impossible, everything is
behind me facing the rear.).

In the June VHF contest, I covered off my usual 4 grids, 2 each day.  Going to
push for more this time.
Need to get more grids to the west and south-west.
Also need more area to place rigs in the vehicle now that more bands are in
operation.

Regret you are out of range for most of my bands.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca