Re: [VHFcontesting] Goal-Based Contest Scoring

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Goal-Based Contest Scoring
From: "KA6AMD" <ka6amd@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:43:44 -0700
Yikes! Are you going to provide an interactive web site to calculate the
scores?  While the goals are laudable, I disagree with some of the weights
on the microwave bands.  Why do 24GHz and up have a lower weight than 222
and 902 MHz?

My own preference is to use the scoring methods of the 10 GHz contest.  They
encourage developing a higher performance station to increase the distance
scoring.  Grid circling would be more difficult under the rules as there is
a 1km minimum communications distance required.

Erich KA6AMD