Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Circling

To: Ed K1EP <k1ep@mgef.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Circling
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:14:12 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Ed K1EP wrote:

> At 8/25/2005 09:05 AM, frank bechdoldt wrote:
> >well were up to about 60 percent who think its wring so thats 25 of us.
>
> I attempted to write to Frank off the list, but he has his mail
> blocked, so I will pose my question to him via the list.
>
> "It seems to me that speak from experience as a rover and are rather
> vocal as to the captive rover arguments.  I see that you have submitted
> rover logs in the past, but I also see that you have not used bands
> above 1.2G.  Is that true?  Have you ever rovered with microwaves or
> used microwaves to work rovers?"

Well, I kind of did it once. I worked a station at the corner of 4 grid
squares in the Microwave Sprint a few months ago.  I then moved into
another of the grids and we did it again. I then stayed put and tried to
work as many others as I could while the other station took off north.  I
never worked him again in that contest. I don't think either of us came
anywhere near winning the Sprint because of that little experiment.

I'm not really set up to rove, as it takes me almost an hour to set up my
station as it is now. As I've now found what I think is the best site
in my area for hilltopping (EN50rl - nowhere near a grid corner) I'll
probably be using that most of the time from now on.

73, Zack W9SZ