Re: [VHFcontesting] Poll

To: VHF CONTESTING <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Poll
From: Rusty Boling <ae4bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:57:06 -0500
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com

Rusty said:

"most everyone that responded thinks captive roving, pack roving, and
circle roving are good ideas and that most of the hams that responded
to me use or have used these tactics".

What about the hundreds (perhaps thousands?) who didn't respond?

How many responses did you get?

Hey Bob, I only got 6 responses total.  Much less than I would have expected
considering the topic.  Not that I wanted to sort through thousands of emails,
but I would have figured it would have been a little more even given previous
discussions on this list.  I suspected there was a majority that considered the
tactics unethical (per previous posts), but as far as the answers I got back,
it was not the case.  It was very surprising to say the least.  It is not a big
deal to me personally, because I am not a rover and don't plan on being one.  I
had no idea that what was happening with these tactics was the status quo
versus the exception to the rule.  I can't say that I will ever look upon VHF
contesting quite the same.  73...Rusty NE4ME