Re: [VHFcontesting] Captivated circling rovers 10%!

To: "'Vhfcontesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Captivated circling rovers 10%!
From: "Tim Ertl (KE3HT)" <ke3ht@ke3ht.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:21:52 -0400
available to everyone. In June 10% of 210 QSO's is 21 QSO's. I would be
required to not make more than 21 QSO's with any single station or be
accused of being captive. If the ARRL makes a rule that says a rover with
over 10% is captive and becomes a checklog or something like that then who
is going to want to QSO with me? Check out my June 2005 log posted for
everyone to see. You will see that I am a captive rover of W2SZ just because
they are a loud easy station to work. I didn't even work them from all
grids. In other contests you would see me as captive to other stations like
N2PA AND W2SZ at the same time.

Like I said in my first post, I can be considered captive at least by k3uhf.
10% was also mentioned on this list last February during the review of the
ARRL contest committee suggestions. I am worried because many of the loud
minority seem to think I am captive because I want to do distances.

Tim

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:15:58 -0700
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@earthlink.net>
<snip>
I urge all those who still care and might be able to do something about
this to ask the Arrl to allow a maximum of 10% of a stations points to come
from another station.  In this case these 2 could of picked the qsos where
they get unique multipliers thus to not punish them for being in the middle
of nowhere. And the group of captivated circling rovers would have to grow
to the size of 10.

Tim

Tim Ertl KE3HT/r
QSL via CBA