[VHFcontesting] FM is the root af all evil

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FM is the root af all evil
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:29:12 -0500
Since we're discussing things that need to change to improve VHF
contests, I wanted to make sure that my favorite needed change is not
overlooked.

My favorite is FM use in VHF contests.

If ever there was a reason for creating seperate categories, the use of
FM is certainly one.  In fact, I would be in favor of completely
outlawing FM use.  At minimum, all scores that include FM qsos should
have an asterisk by them to indicate that these "achievements" are
tainted by the use of FM.

Those who, merely by being close to a densely populated urban area, can
make many qsos with FM only, shack on the belt types who may be likely
to respond saying "10-4" should not be permitted to compete with those
who don't have that benefit.

I believe that if FM were dealt with properly, many of the more recent
ills would not be as likely to have occurred either.

73,
Bob W5OV

Bob Naumann - W5OV