Re: [VHFcontesting] Fixing Grid Circling

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Fixing Grid Circling
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:09:38 -0500
On 8/9/05, Nm5m@aol.com <Nm5m@aol.com> wrote:

> What if the rules were "altered" to require that 30% of a rovers QSO total
> has to be made with non-rovering stations?

Mike screams AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH ! ! !

Enough already, IMHO leave the points alone, leave the rules alone.
Create a new category for captive / circling rovers.  Ensure that
these rovers submit their logs in the correct category but leave it at
that.

I still believe that additional category's will encourage new roving
activities and will foster additional activity.  That should be our
ultimate goal ... right?

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com