Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling
From: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:36:41 -0000
From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
> The opportunities are basically the same for anyone else in your area.
> If they turn on their radio, they would essentially hear the same things
> you do.

NO IT DEPENDS ALOT ON ANTENNA HEIGHT AND THE TYPE OF ANTENNAS YOU ARE
RUNNING.  THERE ARE STATIONS SEVERAL MILES AWAY FROM ME THAT HEAR ALOT OF
THINGS I CAN'T BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER ANTENNA SYSTEMS.

> I admit there are geographical differences - you will work more guys on
> two meters from FN32 than you will from DN32...  but you are operating
> the same contest.

YES, BUT IT YOU LIVE IN DN32 YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE CONTEST,
UNLESS THERE IS A GREAT 6 METER OPENING WITH SOME 2 METER ESKIP THROWN IN

AT SOME POINT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT UNLESS YOU ARE A BIG GUN
STATION, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THE CONTEST, AND THEN YOU END UP JUST
DOING IT FOR THE FUN OF IT.

73S JOHN NE0P