Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers and Rules

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers and Rules
From: STeve Andre' <andres@msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:49:53 -0400
Well Dave, I for one hope you continue to be a rover.  It sounds like a
lot of fun, if a lot of work.

I'm still coming up to speed on understanding all the issues about
rovers, but it isn't clear to me that the current rules need much work.

As for band inclusions in the various contests, I think I get the reasoning
behind them.  222 isn't a "uhf" frequency, but it isn't 2M either, and given
that its the orphan band (along with 33cm) including it in more contests
is a way to increase activity.  I'm glad that I can exercise my 222 stuff
during the UHF contest.   Likewise, 1296 for the VHF contests.  While
the band inclusions aren't technically accurate I suppose, they do help
foster activity on the VHF+ bands, or at least they don't hurt.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82