[VHFcontesting] Converting an old C-band dish to Ham use?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Converting an old C-band dish to Ham use?
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
I am going to be bringing back an old C-band TVRO dish on my trip back home
from EN29, I am wanting to use it for 1420MHz radio astronomy, but I would also
REALLY like to use it for transmitting and recieving of some of the ham bands.
I have been interested in EME ever since I started studying for my Tech
liscense 4 years ago (General now) and have never been able to hear an echo or
make a contact with anything I have on 144. I am thinking about using the dish
on 1.2 or 2.4. I will be using a kenwood ts-2000 for IF rx/tx. What is the
easiest/least expensive way to get on one of these bands? I plan on building a
waveguide feed with a choke ring for the band(s) I will be using. What
transverters and amps should I consiter? I dont have any experience with
transverters or amps but I think I can handle hooking them up, just not
building :)

Steve, KC8QVO