[VHFcontesting] VUAC Capabilities

To: "VHF Contest Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VUAC Capabilities
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:43:34 -0700
> If the VUAC works like the CAC, then it is truly an "advisory" body, with
> absolutely no authority to effect change on its own, and will not even
> technically be
> allowed to offer advice on any topic except those topics for which the
> Programs & Services Committee has specifically requested advice.

It sounds toothless, but the AC's are allowed (and even encouraged) to
suggest topics for study.  In the case of the VUAC, I believe there will be
both directed and suggested topics they can work on.

The ARRL is interested is supporting and growing the VHF+ contesting
community and this is a good step.  Once you find out who your
representative is, you can contact them with ideas.

73, Ward N0AX