[VHFcontesting] FT 897 performance on HF

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FT 897 performance on HF
From: "K5ZM" <k5zm@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:45:42 -0700
All,

Curious. Of you '897 users who also use it HF, how many of you -if any- have
experienced RX overload/de-sens problems while in an FD-type multi-rig
environment? (As was the case in our K7AW FD effort this year).

What -if anything- corrected the situation?

I'm in the research stages in preparation for buying an HF/6/2 rig for
portable/rover use, along with the occasional HF dxpedition thrown in.

Current candidates are the '897, the IC 706MKII G, and the
yet-to-be-released-in-the-US IC 7000 even though the latter exceeds my
target range of $900 + -

Tnx es 73,

Ian, K5ZM