[VHFcontesting] 2005 CQ WW VHF Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu,vhf-contests@blacksheep.org
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2005 CQ WW VHF Contest
From: John Lindholm <w1xx@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 06:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reminder that the CQ World-Wide VHF Contest is coming up the weekend of July 16
-17, starting at 1800Z on Saturday to 2100Z Sunday.  This is a 6- and 2-meter
only contest with world-wide participation.  I'm getting indications of
continued increased activity planned by DX stations.  This is a chance for even
more modest VHF stations, both DX and stateside, to realistically compete for
certificates.  The complete rules are in the June issue of CQ Magazine and on
the CQ website www.cq-amateur-radio.com.

Certificates and plaques for winners have been mailed for the 2004 contest.  It
was my pleasure to present some of the plaques at the Dayton Hamvention.  Very
nice three-color 9 x 12 walnut engraved plaques are again offered in several
sponsored categories to the top scorers.

A flurry of activity on 6- and 2-meters makes for a fun contest for all.  Join
in the fun!  73!

-- John Lindholm, W1XX, CQ WW VHF Contest Director