[VHFcontesting] Info on old CQ VHF Contests

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Info on old CQ VHF Contests
From: kevin kaufhold <kkaufhold@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 04:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
I am compiling statistical data on the CQ VHF contest
(total log entries, number of log entries in each
category, etc).

I am in the need of results on the following contests.
 If anyone has these results, or even knows whether
contest results were ever published, please e-mail me
directly.

1998 and 1999 CQ VHF - I know that CQ VHF contests
were held in 1998 and 1999, but I could find no
contest results ever published.  Did I miss the
results somewhere, or were these results never
published? If they were not published, was the lack of
publication ever noted or confirmed in CQ?

1988 CQ WW WPX VHF - I know that a CQ VHF contest
occurred in 1988, but the results were delayed. I
think results may have been in August, 1989?s CQ
issue, which is one of the few recent issues that I do
not have. Does anyone know for sure, and if so, what
was the month, year and page of published results?  If
the results were in August, 1989 and anyone has that
issue, I would greatly appreciate receiving a copy of
the results.

CQ VHF Summer 1966 - There was a contest in Summer,
1966, but I do not have CQ?s for 1967. If anyone has
access to the Summer 1966 results (Please note there
were generally two contests a year in this time frame,
and I have results for the Spring 1966 contest), I
would greatly appreciate a copy of the results.

CQ VHF Spring, 1960 - There was a contest in the
Spring of 1960, but results may have never been
published.  Do anyone know for sure?  I could not find
any results for this contest in any issue of CQ
between 1960 and 1962.

CQ VHF Summer, 1956 - There was a contest in Summer,
1956, but I do not have Oct, 1956 CQ, and I believe
the results may have been in that issue.  If anyone
has access to this issue, I would greatly appreciate a
copy of the results.

Summer, 1957 ? I have the results for a CQ VHF 1957
contest, but they are very puzzling.  CQ, 2-58, at 77,
reported results of a September "C" WW VHF Contest,
but there were no published rules for a September VHF
contest, and no CQ VHF columns had any notes of a
September contest.  There were rules and extensive
write-ups on an upcoming August / Summer, 1957
contest, however. These "September" results may have
thus been results of the August, 1957 summer contest,
but just then reported by mistake in Harris's VHF
column as "September".  Does anyone know for sure?

Any information on these contests would be greatly
appreciated.

Kevin
W9GKA