[VHFcontesting] W3SO, FN00, 432 Spring Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, pvrc@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3SO, FN00, 432 Spring Sprint
From: Ed Steeble <esteeble@sc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:18:49 -0400
W3SO, FN00, WPA, 432 Spring Sprint summary:

55 QSOs, 24 Grids = 2640 claimed score

CLAIMED-SCORE: 2640
CONTEST:       432 Spring Sprint 2005
OPERATORS:    W3TEF
SOAPBOX:       This year's 432 Spring Sprint was rather lack luster with little
SOAPBOX:       participation after the first hour, just boring minutes
calling CQ
SOAPBOX:       and listening to the noise. W3SO only worked one rover (K1DS)
SOAPBOX:       and got him in two grids. The best DX was to EN72. Only logged
SOAPBOX:       several VE3s and no 9's. We thought the line of thunder
storms to
SOAPBOX:       west would improve propagation but no such luck. We had less
QSOs
SOAPBOX:       in the 432 Spring Sprint than in the 222 Spring Sprint! The
usual big
SOAPBOX:       signals from W4RX, K1TEO and K4QI. We didn't hear any of the
SOAPBOX:       usual contest stations from New England. W3SO was on the air for
SOAPBOX:       the entire sprint.
ARRL-SECTION:  WPA
CATEGORY:      SINGLE-OP HIGH
GRID: FN00