Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter Question

To: KA2AEV@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverter Question
From: WBR/WF4R <wbr@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:57:45 -0500
KA2AEV@aol.com wrote:

>Backround
>Microwave Modules 220 Transverter Crystal changed to accomodate 222mHz
>
>Problem
>Frequency is off by about 5kcs  from the IF Frequency
>
>Does anyone know how to make the IF frequency match the transverter
>frequency???
>
>73 de Mike
>KA2AEV

I'd be willing to bet there is a small variable capacitor in the osc to
tweak the xtal freq.  There should be a way to measure the L.O.
injection freq just before the mixer stage.  Using a calibrated freq
counter simply set the L.O. on the correct freq.
You did not say what band you're using for the IF.  Assuming 28 MHz IF,
the L.O. should be 194.000 MHz. Good luck.  73, Bill, WF4R