[VHFcontesting] IRLP Contest????

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IRLP Contest????
From: "KG4RUL - Dennis Zabawa" <kg4rul@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:18:02 -0500
PLEASE!  Can someone describe to me WHAT is the "Contest" aspect of an IRLP
contact?  Also, when figuring out what is and IRLP "DX" contact, is the
distance end-to-end or just the RF paths on each end?  It seems to me that "DX"
of Peoria to Pretoria contact should be the total of the distance the signals
from the transceivers travel to the IRLP nodes involved and not one inch more!
That boils down to very little radio and a LOT of wire and fiber optic cable
connectivity.

Dennis / KG4RUL