[VHFcontesting] Contest Report: I'm hooked!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest Report: I'm hooked!
From: "JT Croteau" <jt@w6cfo.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:13:53 -0800
Had a great time during the contest this past weekend.  This was my first
contest of any kind in the past 10 years and the first time I've ever done
any serious operating on VHF and UHF.

I was an operator at the great base QTH of N6KN at the top of Palos Verdes.
The two of us operated multi-single on 5 bands; 50, 144, 222, 432, and 1294
(FM only).  It was pretty much a part time effort as we both had other
things going on as well.  We stopped operating at 4pm local time on Saturday
and I wasn't able to do any operating on Sunday.  This left N6KN alone on
Sunday when the openings to Northern Cali. and Nevada started coming in.

275 QSOs, a little over 18,000 points.

I am now officially hooked on VHF/UHF contesting and need to focus on
getting my rover built.

73's

- JT