[VHFcontesting] Who has had both IC-910H's and TS-790A's?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Who has had both IC-910H's and TS-790A's?
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:47:23 -0600
  Happy Holidays to everyone,

  I would like to hear the opinions and experience of anyone who has had both
IC-910H's and TS-790A's.  I already have an IC-910H but am considering a
TS-790A as well.  I would keep the 910 in any case, but have always been
intrigued by the 790.  My interest in V/UHF is grid chasing and contesting.
Sats/ATV/repeaters aren't of interest at this time.

  I do realize the stock 910 puts out more RF than the 790 does, but I may be
heading toward amps for 144 and 432 anyway.  I guess I want to know how the
sensitivity/audio/features of each rig stack up when compared directly.

  Please reply direct.

  73,
  Todd  KC9BQA  EN63ao