Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest scoring question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest scoring question
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:50:30 -0400
K3uhf@aol.com wrote:

The grid exchange would be for me k3uhf cn84 c4 in cw or "K3uhf cn84 class 4" in ssb. Your exchange would be VE7DXG cn88 Class 3. When logging the qso you would write a distance points of 4 (4 grids away) and multiply that by the highest grid square class multiplier (mine which is 4). Qso points for the qso is 16 for both of us. No band modifiers.

There is a 10 grid maximum in case of e-skip.

If I understand this correctly (always a questionable thing for me), the "Killer" strategy for this rule-set is to operate from Denver, where you are surrounded by "Class 6 Grids" and get a pack of Rovers to drive through as many grids as fast as they can. Add a nice band opening to the coasts on 6m and no one will be able to touch your score.

Ev, W2EV