Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: <paul@n1bug.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,<wsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@worldpath.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:32:48 +0100
Well, Paul, you were smokin' in here when you had the beam this way. I had 2
X 8 elements stacked and pointed to the NE. Even when you were off the back
of my 4 yagi array, you were S9! I think the problem is that no one points
this way for such a short contest. Everybody points towards NYC and Philly
most of the time. Only when the band gets worked out, do they point in the
less productive directions. Hang in there. I worked you as the only station
between 190 degrees and to the East then North, and out to the West. So that
is 270 degrees with only one QSO and one grid. Slim pickins indeed!
    I was encouraged this time to hear more stations that did not have multi
path flutter on them all the time. Some guys were actually aiming this way.
Thank you for pointing towards the hinterlands!

73
Dave K1WHS