Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving and Hamfests

To: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving and Hamfests
From: Dan <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:53:13 -0500

If people initiate the QSO with you because they see you operating, I think it's wrong. It's a form of using non-amateur means (visual) to initiate a contact.

examples clipped......

Dave/K8CC

I have to disagree here Dave. I don't see any problem with 2 hams meeting face to face and agreeing to work each other on any legal band they have. As a precedent, how about members of a multiop working their own ops on microwave bands?

I just don't think you can consider an op's eyes as "non-amateur" means... Now, if you were using a bull horn to draw them in, then that would be pretty unethical:-)

Of course, this is just my opinion.

73 & hope to hear you in the contest!
Dan
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269