[VHFcontesting] Roving and Hamfests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving and Hamfests
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:15:28 EDT
The September VHF QSO Party happens to coincide with two of the better
hamfests in my area, Butler, PA (FN00) to the east of us, and Findlay, OH
(EN81)
to the west.  Both are fairly close to grid corners.

My question:  would their be any serious problems, either rule wise or
ethical, about setting up a rover stop at the hamfest - whether in the flea
market
area or a nearby parking area?  Would working hamfest attendees on  FM -
their radios, not ones provided by us - be a problem?

I'm not that serious a rover, at least yet.  I'd want to also  spend a
reasonable amount of time doing the stuff one usually does at a  hamfest.  But
it
seems to me that combining a hundred mile drive to a  grid corner with a
hundred
mile drive to a hamfest is a good way to kill  two birds with a single stone,
maybe demonstate VHF contesting to a few people,  and have some fun.

Comments?

73  -  Jim    K8MR