[VHFcontesting] CERTIFICATES FOR ARRL SPONSORED VHF CONTESTS?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CERTIFICATES FOR ARRL SPONSORED VHF CONTESTS?
From: "Rusty Boling" <deputyb112@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:54:44 -0400
For instance, my club, the Ocoee Amateur Radio Society (WD4OAR), shows to have won 1st place in North Carolina in the Multi-Op class, and 2nd in the Roanoke Division I think it is according to the info I have seen on the ARRL webpage. I have 2 questions. Question # 1 is have the certificates been mailed out yet to the contest winners? Question #2 is, does a Multi-op qualify for a certificate for getting 1st place in a state in their class or not? I know that a single op would. This is from the ARRL's webpage concerning certificates:

7. Awards:

7.1. Certificates will be awarded in the following categories.

7.1.1. Top Single Operator High and Single Operator Low power in each ARRL/RAC Section.

7.1.2. Top Single Operator High and Single Operator Low power on each band (50, 144, 222, 432, 902, 1296 and 2304-and-up categories) in each ARRL/RAC Section where significant effort or competition is evident. (Note: Since the highest score per band will be the award winner for that band, an entrant may win a certificate with additional single-band endorsements.) For example, if KA1RWY has the highest single-operator low-power all-band score in the CT Section and her 50- and 222-MHz scores are higher than any other CT single operator's, she will earn a certificate for being the single-operator Section leader and endorsements for 50 and 222 MHz.

7.1.3. Top Single Operator Portable in each ARRL/RAC Section where significant effort or competition is evident. (Single Operator Portable entries are not eligible for single-band awards.)

7.1.4. Top rover in each ARRL Division and Canada where significant effort or competition is evident. (Rover entries are not eligible for single-band awards.)

7.1.5. Top multi-operator score in each ARRL/RAC Section where significant effort or competition is evident. (Multioperator entries are not eligible for single-band awards.)

Top limited multi-operator in each ARRL/RAC Section where significant effort

or competition is evident. (Limited multi-operator entries are not eligible for single-band awards.)

7.1.6. Top scoring club in each club competition category will be awarded a gavel.

Doesn't this make you think that my club would qualify for a certificate? I am just wanting to make sure that I read the awards section right since I got nothing in the mail yet and I put my home address. I am assuming that it may take longer to get a certificate than QST, right? If I am wrong, please set me straight. Thanks for any assistance. This was our 1st ever group effort in a VHF contest and I don't want to be discouraging to other club members if we were supposed to have received a certificate and we have not....yet atleast. We are planning on being in TN this year, even if from a lower location.