Re: [VHF] Re: [VHFcontesting] Increasing Participation - At Last

To: wrt@dslextreme.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com,vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHF] Re: [VHFcontesting] Increasing Participation - At Last
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
By ignorant I do not imply stupidity.  I mean what you
state in your last paragraph. They are "uninformed
about the unique aspects of vhf".  There is no reason
why people can't do both HF and VHF, and concentrate
on both.  I do.  Both have their challanges and
rewards.  But after having earned 5BWAS, 5BWAC, 5BWAZ,
306 countries for DXCC, I am looking for new
challanges anywhere.  Islands, Counties, and prefixes
really don't interest me, so I look for grid squares
on VHF.  Different type of challange, with more
potential for new ones currently.

73s John NE0P