Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL BoD Meeting this weekend

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL BoD Meeting this weekend
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:11:30 -0500
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:37:32PM -0400, Ev Tupis wrote:
> Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>
> >     The ARRL Board of Directors is meetig this weekend.  Will this
> >be the weekend that some of the VHF contest rules changes proposals
> >are to be decided upon?
> >

> If I were a betting man, I'd say that they will come up for discussion...if
> not outright action.  If anyone is interested in just how things will
> probably play out, simple do an email search on any email from Larry Tyree
> and re-read Gene's QST articles.  They've been quite open about what they
> think...and they are the people who will drive things.

Last I checked, neither W3ZZ nor N6TR are Directors, nor are they on the
Membership Services Committee.  W3ZZ has been an invited expert on the
Membership Services Committee's VHF-UHF Contest and Awards Subcommittee
(along with K1JX, K2UA, AA7A, KM0T and N1ND) but neither he nor Tree get
a vote on the committee.  They are of course free to attempt to persuade
the committee to their point of view (maybe that's what you mean by "drive
things,") just as any other ARRL member is.

If no action is taken this weekend, the next ARRL BoD meeting is in January.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com