[VHFcontesting] ZF1DC active in contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ZF1DC active in contest
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:54:02 +0000
David, ZF1DC has been very active so far in the 2004 June VHF Q P. I heard David Saturday evening for about an hour from EM08. I heard him work W7GJ and W7KNT Montana around 0145 utc - which is about a 4,300 km path. I worked David at 0149 utc on 50.125 MHz at 2,700 km.

My station in EM08 for 6M was 10 watts to a 2 el. yagi on a 15 ft. mast. It took "a few calls" to get the QSO completed!

Had to QRT when thunderstorms rolled through. Had tornados south of Wichita. Hope to be back from EM08 this evening.

GL to all in the contest.

- Jon NØJK