RE: [VHFcontesting] Stanford VHF Reflector/Mailing List

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:45:27 -0500
Ron and other 'VHFcontesting' Readers,

The Stanford/W6YX web site (http://www-w6yx.stanford.edu or http://w6yx.stanford.edu, DNS resolves both URLs to the same IP address) is now 'back' with the following note on the home page (scroll down just a little bit if you want to see it THERE):

W6YX.Stanford.EDU crash
On the evening of May 10th, the W6YX server suffered a disk failure,
which has taken us offline for the last several weeks. Unfortunately,
we did not have a recent backup, and the failure came without any
prior warning. We are currently working on recovering data from the
failed disk, and hope to be fully functional within the next week or so.
Currently, most mailing lists are offline, as is some web content.
techie 2004-05-28

Sounds like the mailing lists may be among the *last* things to be restored.

THIS Reflector may be THE place for posting Contest plans.

73, JK