Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG / WB4LNT VHF 2 Meter Sprints ETDXASponsored g

To: Steve Gilmore - W4SHG <w4shg@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG / WB4LNT VHF 2 Meter Sprints ETDXASponsored going UP
From: "DAVID C. OLEAN" <k1whs@worldpath.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 09:07:31 -0400
Hi Steve,
    I worked all this weekend to get my ham station back together.  I had a
problem with the floor literally rotting out  and sagging about 5-6 inches.
(Not good!)  I managed to get stuff fixed up and removed the 17 sheets of
plywood out of the 144 operating position area and installed the 144 gear.
The antennas seem to work and I am going to be looking for you on CW all
evening. I will be around 144.215 MHz.  The WX here is awful. High winds, snow,
and about 25 degrees F. Conditions should be stinko!
    TX is 1500 watts. 4 X 17 el @ 135 ft and 8 X 5 el fixed SW sidemounted on
the same tower between 115 and 75ft.  QTH is FN43MJ in SW Maine.  Do you have a
favorite freq you will be hanging out on?

73
Dave K1WHS