[VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:20:14 +0000
As the new Midwest Division representative to the CAC (and a long time VHF Contester) I will be following the comments on this Reflector to Tom K1KI's recommendations closely to help gather and present input from the VHF Contest Community to the CAC. When considering your suggestions, please keep in mind the goals Tom listed:

"Our recommendations had several basic goals. Changes to the contest rules and awards programs should:
1) encourage more people to work more other people
2) encourage QSOs made over longer distances
3) encourage more people to join in and participate"

Regarding the "major recommendations"

Major recommendations
1) Changes in the rover rules
2) QSO point changes
3) June VHF QSO Party 50-1296 only
4) New categories in Jan/Jun/Sept
5) Expanded Microwave contest based on 10 GHz Cumulative - UHF contest dropped.

One Category I would personally like to see in the Jan/Jun/Sept VHF QSO Parties is one for the DX stations.

Send your suggestions and comments to

vhf-contest-proposal@arrl.org - we'd like to have your input by March 7th.

and this Reflector if you wish to discuss them here as well.