[VHFcontesting] Antenna - "The Big Wheel"

To: C L A R C <clarc@clarc.org>, Rover <rover@mailman.qth.net>,VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Antenna - "The Big Wheel"
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:48:13 -0800 (PST)
OK this is for us "ole timers".  Do you remember The Big Wheel?  It was a three
bay phased loop
with one feedpoint for omni-horizontal ops on the VHF bands.  There was an
outfit out of Oklahoma
that used to sell a commerically made version but can't find them.

I have the 17th printing of the ARRL antenna handbook plus a few other books
but can't find a
schematic for it anywhere.  If you can help drop me a note.

Tnx
Mike KA5CVH
ka5cvh@arrl.net

=====