[VHFcontesting] KB6KQ loop

To: 50 Mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, Rover <rover@mailman.qth.net>,VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, C L A R C <clarc@clarc.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KB6KQ loop
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:20:41 -0800 (PST)
Sorry for cross posting if that offends anyone.  I went to use my KB6KQ loops
yesterday during the
VHF contest and the 6 meter loop would not load.  It caused a high SWR
indication on my FT-100 at
50.125 & 52.525.  I already dropped Norm a note.  Here's what I sent him.  I've
been very happy
with the loops and need to get one for 222 now so I'm not slamming the product,
just want to fix
the problem.

* * *

Norm,

I went to use my 6 meter loop yesterday in the contest and I got a high swr
indicator on my
FT-100.  I tried it on 50.125 & 52.525 so it wasn't limited to one end of the
band or another.

I got home last night and went to take it apart to see if something had gotten
knocked loose but,

HELP

How do you get into it?  I took the four screws on the plastic side out seeing
that there was a
cover there but the cover doesn't want to come off.  I don't want to pry too
hard for fear of
additional damage.  I tried taking the screws on the metal side out but once
they loosen a bit
they just spin, indicating to me that they are machine screws not metal screws
and there must be
nuts on the inside that I can not get to without prying the plastic cover off.

Mike KA5CVH
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/trr/rover01.jpg

=====
Mike Urich, KA5CVH