RE: [VHFcontesting] Garbage messages

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] Garbage messages
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:19:59 -0600
Appears that somebody's computer got hit by a virus...the messages I'm seeing are addressed TO vernon@contesting.com and usually CC'd to vickey@contesting.com and vhfcontesting@contesting.com. These are probably just random e-mail addresses that got picked out of somebody's address book and likely not an indication that vernon or vickey (or the reflector) or one of their computers was actually the 'victim' of the virus.

The HTML is being filtered somewhere along the way so we are just seeing the meaningless words that have been placed in the message to try and make the message appear legitimate to some of the checking programs.

Best "we" can probably do is ignore them (I've put the source domain, (at)hongkong(dot)com, in my list of blocked domains so these messages go straight to my Junk e-mail folder).

73, JK