[VHFcontesting] K3DNE QRT for Sept VHF QSO Party

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, pvrc@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K3DNE QRT for Sept VHF QSO Party
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:48:00 -0400
I'm sorry to report that a lightening strike in August caused more problems to my station than I originally thought. I had been so involved with my new tower project that I had not taken the time to check out the station in more detail. I knew I had lost my 1296 pre-amp and sequencer, my main DC power supply and rig-runner (now both replaced/repaired) but I thought all else was working after a very quick check immediately following the lightening strike. Turns out that my IC746 (primary 6 and 2m radio) goes into xmit mode but with no power out, the 432 preamp and sequencer are non-functional and the 2m sequencer stopped working just this morning during testing. I hope to make repairs and be QRV in time for the January contest.
73,
Ed K3DNE