[VHFcontesting] W3IY/R_Contest

To: <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3IY/R_Contest
From: "Bill Seabreeze" <w3iy@fcc.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:50:56 -0400
Yo,
W3IY/R will be doing the usual rover route from FM15, 25,26,16,17,27,28,18,
29,19,09,08, for the Sept VHF contest (9/13-14).  Details are at
http://members.fcc.net/wseab.
We have added a few dB to 222 & 432, and we're hoping to cash-in on those
bands.  We are also trying to work out better dual-operator capability to
permit
simultaneous 2m & 6m operations with no RFI.  This is challenging when the
antennas are 2ft apart...hi.  We also hope to make "in-flight" operations
more
efficient when we are driving in-between grids.  We are planning to finish
the
contest in FM08us at 3365ft asl (Hogback Mtn), and we're hoping to give &
receive many needed grids from there.  We'll be lookin fer you on the bands.
Bring lots of friends, make some noise, & have some fun!!
GL & 73,
Bill W3IY
Christophe ON4IY
The East Coast Grid Grinders