[VHFcontesting] Email virus

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Email virus
From: aa1yn@aa1yn.com (Lee Scott - AA1YN)
Date: Tue Aug 19 22:30:10 2003
I have received a number of emails being returned due to a virus
content.  In checking the full headers, the email does not originate from
my server. Instead, the email virus is using my email address as a
masquerade. At least that is what I've determined so far.  If anyone
receives an email from me It should contain the following header:

ASIMOV.aa1yn.com (nhbweb.ne.client2.attbi.com [24.some.ip.address]

If the email does contain a virus and it did originate from the above
source, please let me know.  If not, you need to look to see where it
originated from. If you have one, send me a copy of the email itself with
the complete headers and without any attachments.  I am trying to trace
down who might be responsible.

I did receive one of the rejected emails complete with headers and it's
origination was:

(unlabelled-210-15-58-81.versatel.net [81.58.15.210])

I suspect the person is a ham since all are being sent to other hams and 4
have bounced back to me. Only one had the original headers.

If it did come from me, then - my apologies in advance - but I still need
to know.

Lee Scott - AA1YN
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Hooksett, NH