[VHFcontesting] RE: [VHF] grid suggestions for September?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: [VHF] grid suggestions for September?
From: dross@sirinet.net (Donald M. Ross)
Date: Sun Aug 10 20:26:18 2003
Tad,

Not sire of the exact mileage, but I'll try and give you some pointers
for the grids close to you.

Most of the Texoma operators seem to live in DM91, EM00, EM01, EM02,
EM04, EM10, EM11, EM12, EM13, EM15, EM20, EM21, EM22, EM25.

There are operators who occasionally get on the air for contests from
(or there are fairly regular mobile / portable operations from DM93,
EM03, EM05, EM14, EM23, and EM24.

DM92, DM94, EM05, EM33, and EM34 have no permanent VHF+ operators that I
know of and all of these are considered pretty rare.

Personally, my plans are to operate rover from DM96, DM97, EM06, EM07,
EM16, EM17, EM26, and EM27 with the 910 (400w to 9ele on 2m, 75w to
18ele on 70cm, and 10w to 35ele on 1.2).  I checked out the spots (and
broke my old 432 beam) during the UHF contest so I should be pretty
good.

Good luck in whatever grids you operate from.

Don, NL7CO/EM04