[VHFcontesting] Rover or Single Op LP catagory?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover or Single Op LP catagory?
From: rice@vx5.com (John Rice)
Date: Sun Aug 3 20:24:53 2003
At 02:07 AM 8/4/2003 +0200, on4kj wrote:
>How do you people define a mobile  and a portable station ?
>Sorry I guess its that simple.........

Jos, it's dependent on the particular contest, or sponsoring organization.

For example, the ARRL VHF rules, actually do not specify a 'mobile'
category for
competition. They assume (falsely) that all mobiles will compete in the
'Rover'
category. There is a 'Single Op Portable' Category defined, which is closer
to QRP.

Other organizations may define their rules differently. Really have to
check the
rules for the particular contest.

John - K9IJ

> > John K9IJ wrote:

> > > Not a Rover. You have to operate from two or more grids to classify as a
> > > rover.
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification, John.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > --