[VHFcontesting] captive rovers=red herring

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] captive rovers=red herring
From: N3AWS@aol.com (N3AWS@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 12:55:33 2003
Tree wrote:
"I took some personal risk and threw
out a piece of data to make it clear that the data might not be so
hypothetical when it became clear that many people didn't believe this
was going on.  I am doing all of this because I believe this is something
we should all be aware of, and should each decide if this is something
we are comfortable with or not.  I believe that if we come to the
consensus that this is a problem, peer pressure will do more to resolve
the situation than any action the ARRL or CQ could take.  "

That being the case, is this something that should be discussed on this
reflector or should the ARRL CAC handle this?  I remember an incident years ago
when a multi-op had a huge number of FM simplex contacts that turned ugly on
the internet and the control op apparently never even knew the situation
existed.

Jim N3AWS