[VHFcontesting] Why we participate

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Why we participate
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Jul 24 16:18:52 2003
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:48:51PM -0400, Lee Scott - AA1YN wrote:

> On a brighter note, it looks like the League got what they were asking for
> - more participation. In June 2002, there were 672 entrants in the
> contest.  This year it looks like we'll have to wait an additional month
> for the official scores as there were 824 entrants,
>
> Why such an increase in participation? ( I know this is bound to start
> another lengthily conversation)

There was some great Es during the first day of the contest.
As a result there were alot of contacts made.

More folks making more contacts - might lead them to submit a log
with 100's of contacts in it when they might not submit a log
with 10's of contacts.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net