[VHFcontesting] REMINDER:CQWW VHF Contest and CU2QSO Pioneers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] REMINDER:CQWW VHF Contest and CU2QSO Pioneers
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Fri Jul 18 11:04:23 2003
> >A number of us have been experimenting with The BEACONet Project's CU2QSO
> >System on 147.585 FM.  The experiments have been going e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y
> >well, I must say.  More on that in a future email.  First though...this
> >is a note to those folks:  PLEASE CHANGE YOUR CONFIGURATION IF YOU ARE
> >OPERATING IN THE CQWW-VHF CONTEST TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIMPLEX,
> >UNASSISTED, AND UNASSISTING OF OTHERS!  Failure to do so may subject you
> >to disqualification...and that would be sad.
>
> I still do not see how this is different from using PacketCluster, and
> therefore making the station ASSISTED mode!
>
> Warren - K2BM

What don't you understand, specifically?  CU2QSO is simplex with no assistance
by any third party (unlike PacketCluster, which uses digipeating and Internet
backbones).  Don't be confused by the use of Packet.  While CU2QSO happens to
use packet rather than voice...but there are no mode restrictions noted in VHF
contest rules.

Ev, W2EV
http://www.BEACONet.org
http://www.PropNET.org