[VHFcontesting] 2003 CQ-VHF Contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2003 CQ-VHF Contest
From: w1xx@sbcglobal.net (John Lindholm)
Date: Wed Jul 9 16:15:37 2003
This is a reminder that the CQ Worldwide VHF Contest is coming up July 19 -20
[1800Z Saturday to 2100Z Sunday].  This is a 6- and 2-meter contest only...so
multi-band VHF/UHF capability is not needed to compete.  You will find the
rules in the June issue of CQ Magazine and on the CQ website:
www.cq-amateur-radio.com.

The categories are single-op all-band, single-op single-band, single-op QRP
[all-band], multi-op, and rover.  This year on a trial basis, we have
introduced the "Hilltopper QRP" category:  QRP [<10 watts] portable 6-hours
continuous only from a great location...such as backpacking or driving to rare
grid locations where you don't have to contend with staying overnight and
packing heavy hardware.  See p. 14, June CQ.

We've done significant overseas promotion so we are expecting more DX
participation.

Those of you who have HF+ radios should find this an enjoyable contest, perhaps
your first on VHF.  We're looking for "Rookie" entries and "Elmers" to assist
and encourage "newbies" to enter the fun world of VHF contesting.

All scores are reported in the results in CQ Magazine and certificates to top
scoring stations.

The contest is now Cabrillo supported with electronic submission to
cqvhf@cqww.com.  See the CQ website for paper log submission.  Any questions go
to vhf-querstions@cqww.com.

See you all in the CQ WW VHF Contest...and have fun!  73,

John Lindholm, W1XX
CQ VHF Contest Director