[VHFcontesting] Re: VHF/UHF Rigs . . .

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: VHF/UHF Rigs . . .
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich)
Date: Mon Jul 7 21:29:58 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "S.J.Swanson" <swanson@ticon.net>

Why were there no comments on the Yeasu 736R? I'm happy with mine on the
bands through 70 cm. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

Mike wrote

I am more than satisfied with my FT-736R.  Mine has 50/144/430 and want to
get the 222 module for it as well.   I'm was sorry to see Yeasu drop it from
their line up.  I don't know any plug & play radio that has 222 all mode
anymore.  I may drop the 50 MHz out of mine and replace it with 1.2 GHz
sometime down the road.

Icom missed a great opportunity for adding 222 all mode to their line up
with the 910H.  They also blew it with the 703.

Mike Urich
www.ka5cvh.com
www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm