[VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] how to improve FD score
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Fri Jul 4 12:01:03 2003
Yes, it's kind of a sad state of affairs but on FD you get a lot of ops,
not just contesters.  It seems the VHF+ contesters generally are more
willing to work CW.

This FD our club station (K9CU) was in 4A category and I was the only CW
op there!  We had no VHF SSB/CW setup.  We did have an AO-40 setup and I
tried working some CW on it but without a sidetone on the rig or keyer it
got difficult.

As an anecdote, I worked Mike KH6ND on 20 CW and sat back to listen for a
bit.  Mike generally goes at 40+ wpm.  People were copying his call as
K5BND and one asked what state PAC was.  It was good for a chuckle.

73, Zack W9SZ