[VHFcontesting] 902 vs 903

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 902 vs 903
From: thenorbys@attbi.com (Kevin Norby)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:50 2003
Can someone provide a lucid explanation of 902 vs 903 Mhz in contest activity.
I live on the East coast, but don't want to rule out any possible contacts.

The DEM transverter is standard at 903, but 902 is available special order.  It
seems to me that 902 with a 144 IF would allow 903 at 145 which makes more
sense that trying to get an IF at 143 for 902 when using a 903 transverter.

Why wouldn't everybody want a 902 transverter even if contacts are made on 903?

Thanks,

Kevin