[VHFcontesting] Re: Did you work EL86 in the 6m Sprint?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Did you work EL86 in the 6m Sprint?
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:50 2003
jon jones wrote:
> I worked KG4RII for EL86 at 0042 utc. He was my only EL86 in the Sprint.
>
> If "PropNET^31" was responsible for his activity, that is fine. However, all
> I needed to tell the band was open was to turn on my radio. :-)

PropNET^31 is a system that combines parts of the HF-based NCDXF CW beacons,
APRS and PSK31 with a few "narrowband VHF steroids" mixed in.  It's all-RF by
nature.  If an icon appears on your screen, it's because it was received by your
station -- simplex, direct and unassisted.

PropNET^31 got his attention to turn his mode switch to SSB and have fun.  Fun
is what get's the RF flying...now...how easy is it and what is the reward for
submitting a log? <grin> (the other half of the equasion).

Ev, W2EV